jueves, 28 de febrero de 2013

HAVE/ GET SOMETHING DONE


Have something done

If you 'have something done', you get somebody else to do something for you.
·        
                               I'm going to have my hair cut.
·                                                           She's having her house redecorated.
·                                                           I'm having a copy of the report sent to you

In informal English, we can replace 'have' by 'get'.
·       We're getting a new telephone system installed.
·       They will be getting the system repaired as quickly as they can.
·       I got the bill sent direct to the company.

We can also use 'have/got something done' in situations where something bad has happened to people or their possessions. This is not something they wanted to happen.
·       John had all his money stolen from his hotel bedroom.
·       We had our car damaged by a falling tree.
·       I got my nose broken playing rugby.



THE CAUSATIVE: HAVE/GET SOMETHING DONE

Have /get + objeto + participio pasado = I have /get my watch mended


If you 'have something done', you get somebody else to do something for you. (Se usa un verbo causativo para expresar las acciones que encargamos a alguien.)

·         I'm going to have my hair cut.

·         She's having her house redecorated.

·         I'm having a copy of the report sent to you

In informal English, we can replace 'have' by 'get'.

·       We're getting a new telephone system installed.

·       They will be getting the system repaired as quickly as they can.

·       I got the bill sent direct to the company.

We can also use 'have/got something done' in situations where something bad has happened to people or their possessions. This is not something they wanted to happen.

·       John had all his money stolen from his hotel bedroom.

·       We had our car damaged by a falling tree.

·       I got my nose broken playing rugby.


A. Se usa un verbo causativo para expresar las acciones que encargamos a alguien.
     She always has her food delivered (en lugar de traerla ella, pide a alguien que se la traiga)
     I got my phtograph taken for my passport (otra persona me hizo la foto)

Esta estructura tiene un significado pasivo, puesto que el sustantivo que va en medio recibe la acción expresada por el verbo en participio.

Nota:
a)      get también indica que el objeto realiza personalmente la acción o se implica mucho en
su ejecución.
                      When I get my homework done, I’ll match TV
b)      have es un poco más formal que get y get es más frecuente que have en la forma
imperativa. Example: Get your bedroom tidied at once!

Nótese la diferencia entre:
            a) I’m going to have/get this chair restored
            b) I’m going to restore this chair

En la frase a) yo voy a llevar la silla a alguien para que efectúe la restauración, mientras que en la b) soy yo mismo quien la efectúa.

B. Si quisiéramos mencionar quién hace la acción, podríamos añadir by + el agente al final de la frase.

Susan had her car repaired by a mechanic (Susan llevó el coche a un mecánico para que se lo arreglara)

C. El verbo causativo puede usarse prácticamente en cualquier tiempo, incluso en las formas continuas.
We’re having our house painted this week
Jack will be getting his messages sent by e-mail from now on 

 
TENSE
             HAVE/GET SOMETHING DONE
Present Simple
               I have/get my hair cut.
Past Simple
               I had/got my hair cut.
Present Continuous
               I'm having/getting my hair cut.
Past Continuous
               I was having/getting my hair cut.
Present Perfect
               I have had my hair cut.
Past Perfect
               I had had my hair cut.
will
               I will have my hair cut.
must
               I must have my hair cut.
be going to
               I'm going to have my hair cut.



D. La interrogativa y la negativa se forman como las de cualquier otro verbo
Do you have your car serviced regularly?
Did he get his house redecorated last week?
You won’t have your eyes tested next week
 I’m not getting my hair cut today.

E. En situaciones en las que se quiere indicar que algo desagradable ha ocurrido en el pasado se suele usar have + objeto + participio
He had his car broken last week
I had my finger bitten during the fight
She had his mobile phone stolen while she was playing in the playground


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario